What is a Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen?
You’ve likely heard the term certified pre-owned or CPO before, but do you know what that means exactly? CPO VW vehicles are later-model used cars, SUVs, and wagons that have undergone a thorough inspection. They’re backed by warranties, and they have a lower mileage than other used cars.
How Volkswagen Vehicles get Certified
In order to be considered certified pre-owned, each Volkswagen vehicle must be newer than 6 years old and have less than 75,0000 miles if they’re from 2017 or earlier. 2018 Volkswagen vehicles must have 72,000 miles or less.
Each used Volkswagen must also go through a 100+ point inspection that includes:
- An engine check for issues like trouble starting, vibration, or knocking
- A transmission check for performance issues, noise, or malfunctions
- A brake test for stopping distance, vibration, and proper function
- A steering test for pulling, vibration, effort, or noise
- Updated required or recommended services and maintenance
CPO VW Benefits
CPO VW vehicles come with plenty of benefits for LaGrange drivers as well, including a comprehensive limited warranty, a CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™, two years of 24-hour roadside assistance, and a three-month trial of SiriusXM® Satellite Radio.