2019 Volkswagen Passat vs. 2019 Toyota Camry
41.4 inches / 39.1 inches
Volkswagen sedans are well-respected as some of the top competitors in their segment, and for drivers in the Chicago region, it’s common to compare the 2019 Volkswagen Passat vs. Camry. Although the 2019 Toyota Camry is a fairly popular choice, those who compare it to Passat trims won’t have any trouble seeing why they’re preferred by many!
Dimensions and Capacities: Passat vs. Camry
- With bumper-to-bumper lengths of 191.9 and 192.1 inches, respectively, the Volkswagen Passat and the Toyota Camry are both easy to park and drive on the roads near LaGrange.
- Although these two vehicles look comparable from the outside, the 2019 Passat interior is actually significantly more spacious. The total passenger volume of the baseline Wolfsburg trim is 102 inches, compared to 100.4 inches in the Camry.
- Whether you opt for the Passat Wolfsburg or the Passat SE R-Line, you and your passengers will have more space to spread out. Both Passat trims win out against the Camry in key areas like front/rear shoulder room and front/rear legroom.
- Both Passat trims also offer more trunk space than the competing Camry! The latter only offers about 14.1 cubic feet in the trunk. With either Passat, you’ll enjoy an impressive 15.9 cubic feet.
- The Passat Wolfsburg interior includes V-Tex leatherette seating surfaces, standard. The base model Camry only includes cloth seating, so you’ll have to upgrade if you want to enjoy a premium synthetic fiber.
Compare Passat vs. Camry: Which Car is the Better Value?
- With seven trims to choose from, you’d have to upgrade numerous times, and pay up to $34,700 MSRP, in order to access the top features in the Camry. The top-level Passat, the SE R-Line, starts at just $29,995* MSRP.
- With a few exceptions, the base model VW Passat provides many more features than a comparably-priced Camry. The former’s advantages include a standard leather-wrapped steering wheel, standard keyless start, standard heated front seats, and a standard blind spot monitor!
- A new Passat includes The People First Warranty: 6 Years or 72,000 miles of transferrable bumper-to-bumper limited warranty coverage! Toyota doesn’t offer a comparable comprehensive warranty. Their new vehicles include 3 years or 36,000 miles of basic coverage, and 60 months or 60,000 miles of powertrain coverage.
Schedule Your Test Drive with The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside!
Now that you’ve had the chance to compare the Passat to the Camry, we know that you’ll be eager to get behind the wheel. Explore our current inventory of new VW Passat models, and contact us to schedule your test drive! Those who want to move forward can apply for financing with The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside, today.
Still doing research? Find out how the 2019 Volkswagen Passat compares to the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta, or pit the 2019 Passat vs. Honda Accord!
*Ask your dealer if this vehicle meets the emissions requirements of the state in which you are registering the vehicle. Starting MSRP excludes destination, taxes, title, other options, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price. Specifications, equipment, options, and prices are subject to change without notice. Some items may be unavailable when vehicle is built. Ask your dealer about availability of options and verify that the vehicle includes the equipment you ordered.
**6 Years/72,000 miles (whichever occurs first) New Vehicle Limited Warranty on MY2018 and newer VW vehicles, excluding e-Golf. See owner’s literature or dealer for warranty exclusions and limitations.
More from The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside
If you’re in the LaGrange area looking for a sleek SUV that can fit you and your Naperville family comfortably, the 2021 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport configurations should be a top option. The 2021 VW Atlas Cross Sport trim levels offer you a wide variety of specs. Allow The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside to help you find the perfect…
Our Countryside customers love the interior of the new VW Tiguan. We don’t blame them. The 2020 VW Tiguan dimensions are impressive. There’s plenty of room for your passengers. And the VW Tiguan cargo space has tons of room for groceries, soccer gear, you name it! Even more impressive is the optional third row…
If you’re in the market for a new family-friendly SUV around Countryside with the power to tow your RV or boat, check out the 2021 Volkswagen Atlas. Do you want to know how much can a Volkswagen Atlas tow? The 2021 Volkswagen Atlas can tow up to 5,000 pounds without having to jeopardize fuel economy!…