2019 Volkswagen Passat vs. 2019 Toyota Camry
41.4 inches / 39.1 inches
Volkswagen sedans are well-respected as some of the top competitors in their segment, and for drivers in the Chicago region, it’s common to compare the 2019 Volkswagen Passat vs. Camry. Although the 2019 Toyota Camry is a fairly popular choice, those who compare it to Passat trims won’t have any trouble seeing why they’re preferred by many!
Dimensions and Capacities: Passat vs. Camry
- With bumper-to-bumper lengths of 191.9 and 192.1 inches, respectively, the Volkswagen Passat and the Toyota Camry are both easy to park and drive on the roads near LaGrange.
- Although these two vehicles look comparable from the outside, the 2019 Passat interior is actually significantly more spacious. The total passenger volume of the baseline Wolfsburg trim is 102 inches, compared to 100.4 inches in the Camry.
- Whether you opt for the Passat Wolfsburg or the Passat SE R-Line, you and your passengers will have more space to spread out. Both Passat trims win out against the Camry in key areas like front/rear shoulder room and front/rear legroom.
- Both Passat trims also offer more trunk space than the competing Camry! The latter only offers about 14.1 cubic feet in the trunk. With either Passat, you’ll enjoy an impressive 15.9 cubic feet.
- The Passat Wolfsburg interior includes V-Tex leatherette seating surfaces, standard. The base model Camry only includes cloth seating, so you’ll have to upgrade if you want to enjoy a premium synthetic fiber.
Compare Passat vs. Camry: Which Car is the Better Value?
- With seven trims to choose from, you’d have to upgrade numerous times, and pay up to $34,700 MSRP, in order to access the top features in the Camry. The top-level Passat, the SE R-Line, starts at just $29,995* MSRP.
- With a few exceptions, the base model VW Passat provides many more features than a comparably-priced Camry. The former’s advantages include a standard leather-wrapped steering wheel, standard keyless start, standard heated front seats, and a standard blind spot monitor!
- A new Passat includes The People First Warranty: 6 Years or 72,000 miles of transferrable bumper-to-bumper limited warranty coverage! Toyota doesn’t offer a comparable comprehensive warranty. Their new vehicles include 3 years or 36,000 miles of basic coverage, and 60 months or 60,000 miles of powertrain coverage.
Schedule Your Test Drive with The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside!
Now that you’ve had the chance to compare the Passat to the Camry, we know that you’ll be eager to get behind the wheel. Explore our current inventory of new VW Passat models, and contact us to schedule your test drive! Those who want to move forward can apply for financing with The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside, today.
Still doing research? Find out how the 2019 Volkswagen Passat compares to the 2019 Volkswagen Jetta, or pit the 2019 Passat vs. Honda Accord!
*Ask your dealer if this vehicle meets the emissions requirements of the state in which you are registering the vehicle. Starting MSRP excludes destination, taxes, title, other options, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price. Specifications, equipment, options, and prices are subject to change without notice. Some items may be unavailable when vehicle is built. Ask your dealer about availability of options and verify that the vehicle includes the equipment you ordered.
**6 Years/72,000 miles (whichever occurs first) New Vehicle Limited Warranty on MY2018 and newer VW vehicles, excluding e-Golf. See owner’s literature or dealer for warranty exclusions and limitations.
More from The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside
The Volkswagen ID.4 is a new addition to the line of EV vehicles you see driving down the streets of Oak Brook. With the new VW ID.4 interior specs and dimensions, you won’t feel like you’re driving in an ordinary EV vehicle. With the new Volkswagen ID.4, you get the spaciousness of an SUV but with…
The Volkswagen ID.4 is the perfect combination of all the spaciousness and power of a SUV with an electric vehicle. There are many specs and features that are added to this new vehicle which makes it a joy to drive down the streets of Downers Grove in. Both in performance and interior configurations, you’ll find something…
You might be thinking about how good you’ll look rolling around Countryside in the new Taos. And you will. This is one attractive compact SUV, but just wait until you see the beautiful Volkswagen Taos interior. Not only does this car look great on the inside, but there’s plenty of room, including the generous…