2019 Volkswagen Atlas vs. 2019 Honda Pilot
5,000 pounds with optional AWD
EPA-estimated 22 mpg city/26 mpg highway
EPA-estimated 19 mpg city/27 mpg highway
Looking to upgrade your Chicago commute with a full-size SUV? If so, you’ve likely come across the 2019 Volkswagen Atlas and 2019 Honda Pilot. Powerful engines and roomy interiors are staples of both SUVs, but the new VW Atlas is more cost-effective and offers a few features not found on the Pilot. Compare the Volkswagen Atlas vs. Honda Pilot below to make a decision!
Atlas vs. Pilot: Pricing
Whether you’re considering leasing or buying, the VW Atlas is the more cost-effective choice. You’ll likely have lower monthly Volkswagen Atlas lease payments or a lower car loan principal. Compare Atlas and Pilot prices below:
- 2019 VW Atlas S: Starting from $30,895 MSRP
- 2019 VW Atlas V6 SEL Premium w/ 4MOTION®: Starting from $48,395 MSRP
- 2019 Honda Pilot LX: Starting from $31,450 MSRP
- 2019 Honda Pilot Elite: Starting from $48,020 MSRP
Atlas vs. Pilot: Engines & Fuel Economy
When you compare the Volkswagen Atlas vs. Honda Pilot performance, you’ll notice similar features and specs with a few differences here and there. See which SUV is right for your LaGrange drive:
- Engine: The Honda Pilot LX comes with a 280-hp 3.5L V6 engine. The VW Atlas S features a 235-hp 2.0L inline-4 engine.
- Fuel Economy: The 2019 VW Atlas earns an EPA-estimated 22 mpg city/26 mpg highway rating. The 2019 Honda Pilot, on the other hand, earns an EPA-estimated 19 mpg city/27 mpg highway rating.
- Towing Capacity: At the base level, the Atlas tows up to 5,000 pounds. The Pilot can tow 5,000 pounds but requires optional AWD to do so.
Atlas vs. Pilot: Interior Features & Cargo Capacity
The Honda Pilot and Volkswagen Atlas interior features are similar and include USB ports, a rearview camera, and a multi-function steering wheel. Unlike the Pilot, however, the Atlas offers the following features:
- 3 front power outlets
- Dual-zone climate control
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability
- Optional Volkswagen Digital Cockpit with a 12.3-inch display with driver-customizable settings and a wide map navigation view
You’ll also enjoy more cargo room inside the Atlas. The Honda Pilot offers 16.5 cubic feet with the rear seats up and 83.9 cubic feet with the rear seats down. The VW Atlas offers 20.6 cubic feet and 96.8 cubic feet, respectively.
Buy or Lease a Volkswagen Atlas for Sale at The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside!
In a Volkswagen Atlas vs. Honda Pilot comparison, the VW Atlas emerges as the less expensive SUV with features and spare cargo room. Ready to take one for a test drive? Contact us to schedule your appointment near LaGrange and Naperville. We can also answer your questions about the VW Atlas vs. Hyundai Santa Fe!
More from The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside
If the Volkswagen Atlas SUV caught your eye in 2020, you’ll definitely want to take a good look at this year’s model. So what’s new for the 2021 VW Atlas? Upgrades to the Volkswagen Atlas interior for the new model year include a standard 8-inch touchscreen, updated seat stitching and steering wheel, and updated Car-Net…
Are you looking for a new Volkswagen Jetta for sale? If so, then get a preview of the 2020 Volkswagen Jetta’s interior with The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside! Whether you’re drawn to the cutting-edge onboard technology, the sleek style of the cabin, or the available Jetta accessories, there’s a new Jetta that’s bound to thrill any driver in the…
The Volkswagen Arteon is true to its Latin name. Arteon stems from the word Artem, meaning “art,” or in particular, its design process. For a small luxury car, it is known for its ample cargo space due to its liftback design. The liftback of the Arteon gives it a modern look with sleek angles…