5 Things to Do Around Countryside
The snow and ice are finally gone, and the weather is warming – it’s time to get out and have some fun! To help you find a little inspiration, and get the cobwebs out, The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside has assembled a list of fun and unique things you can do with the family, your significant other, or even solo if you prefer to explore on your own. Check out our list of favorite activities in and around the Countryside area and give those winter blues the boot for good!
- Grab a Bite: Chicago and Naperville are renowned for their cuisine, from Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria to the Michelin 3-star rated Alinea, there’s always something good on the menu, so grab a quick nibble or make a day of it and give your belly what it wants.
- Catch a Show: The Hollywood Amphitheater in Tinley Park hosts world-renowned acts like Counting Crows, Whiz Khalifa, Judas Priest, and many others, and is celebrated for its accessible facilities that make it easy for everyone to enter and enjoy the show.
- Take Flight: See Chicago from the sky with a Chicago Helicopter Experience aerial tour of the city. Book a flight alone or make it a group experience and change your perspective on the Windy City.
- Game Old School: Take a trip back to your younger days with a visit to the Galloping Ghost Arcade in Brookfield. With new mystery games every week and $20 play all day specials, it’s affordable and fun for the whole family!
- Tour a Speakeasy: Chicago Prohibition tours take you back to the days of yesteryear with visits to some of Chicago’s most notorious locations. Learn about the gangsters that made the city famous, hone your bartending skills, and get a taste of the Windy City’s most famous era.
Of course, our list of favorites is just the beginning of the fun you can have in and around Countryside. You can also take a tour of the Brookfield Zoo, hop on a sightseeing boat, shop a the Countryside Plaza, hit an escape room, challenge yourself on the Go Ape obstacle course at Bemis Woods Access, and so much more like the best Halloween events.
Don’t limit yourself with the same old date night activities, get out and explore Countryside and see how much more you can do in Chicagoland, no matter the season!