What Does the Warning Light On My VW Dashboard Mean?
When you see a symbol illuminated on your Volkswagen dashboard while driving though Chicago, you may be wondering, “What does the light on my dashboard mean?” Your VW dashboard warning lights serve an important purpose: they help to notify you of a specific issue with your vehicle! While some may simply warn you that your fog lights are on, others alert you to more serious problems. Once you learn the different Volkswagen dash light meanings, you can have a better understanding of whether your vehicle is performing normally or if it is in need of service.
Volkswagen Warning Light Symbols & Meanings
Let’s take a closer look at some of the more common dashboard warning light symbols and what they mean for LaGrange drivers:
- Coolant Temp Warning – This light will let you know if your coolant levels are off, your fan isn’t working properly, or if the coolant is leaking.
- Service Vehicle – When an electrical issue arises, you may see this light.
- Reduced Power Warning – If this light comes on, you will need to bring in your vehicle, so the engine can be inspected by a professional. It indicates that some part of the engine is malfunctioning.
- Cruise Control – All this light is telling you is that the cruise control feature is engaged. It will remain on until you turn off the cruise control feature.
VW Brake System Warning Lights:
- Brake System – This light lets you know about potential problems with your brakes, such as the brake fluid being too low or an ABS problem.
- Traction Control or ESP – If this light is on, don’t worry! It is simply telling you that the vehicle’s electronic stability system is being utilized.
VW Safety & Informative Warning Lights:
- Security Alert – If your ignition switch is locked or a door is left ajar, this light could pop on.
- Fog Lamp – This light is a reminder that your brights have been engaged.
- Airbag Fault – Normally, this light appears when you turn the car on to tell you that there’s a fault in the airbag system. If this is the case, you will need to bring your vehicle in for service to ensure your safety on the roads of Naperville.
- Washer Fluid Reminder – This simply means your washer fluid is low and needs to be replaced.
VW Tire Warning Lights:
- Tire Pressure Warning Light – The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) has detected that one or more of your tires has a tire pressure rating that’s too low or too high. To avoid future issues with your tires, be sure that the tire pressure is at the proper level. Over or underinflated tires wear down more quickly.
Learn More About VW Dash Light Meanings With The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside
If you still have questions about your Volkswagen dashboard lights, reach out to the team at The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside! We would be more than happy to diagnose your dashboard warning light(s) for you.
Recent News from The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside
When it comes to the 2021 VW Tiguan towing capacity, this SUV model is certainly capable! Whether you need a Volkswagen SUV for daily driving or towing small loads, the new Volkswagen Tiguan has the power you need, with the 2021 VW Tiguan towing capacity reaching up to 1,500 pounds to provide seamless assistance…
If you’re in the LaGrange area looking for a sleek SUV that can fit you and your Naperville family comfortably, the 2021 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport configurations should be a top option. The 2021 VW Atlas Cross Sport trim levels offer you a wide variety of specs. Allow The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside to help you find the perfect…
Our Countryside customers love the interior of the new VW Tiguan. We don’t blame them. The 2020 VW Tiguan dimensions are impressive. There’s plenty of room for your passengers. And the VW Tiguan cargo space has tons of room for groceries, soccer gear, you name it! Even more impressive is the optional third row…