What Does the Warning Light On My VW Dashboard Mean?
When you see a symbol illuminated on your Volkswagen dashboard while driving though Chicago, you may be wondering, “What does the light on my dashboard mean?” Your VW dashboard warning lights serve an important purpose: they help to notify you of a specific issue with your vehicle! While some may simply warn you that your fog lights are on, others alert you to more serious problems. Once you learn the different Volkswagen dash light meanings, you can have a better understanding of whether your vehicle is performing normally or if it is in need of service.
Volkswagen Warning Light Symbols & Meanings
Let’s take a closer look at some of the more common dashboard warning light symbols and what they mean for LaGrange drivers:
VW Engine Warning Lights:
- Coolant Temp Warning – This light will let you know if your coolant levels are off, your fan isn’t working properly, or if the coolant is leaking.
- Service Vehicle – When an electrical issue arises, you may see this light.
- Reduced Power Warning – If this light comes on, you will need to bring in your vehicle, so the engine can be inspected by a professional. It indicates that some part of the engine is malfunctioning.
- Cruise Control – All this light is telling you is that the cruise control feature is engaged. It will remain on until you turn off the cruise control feature.
VW Brake System Warning Lights:
- Brake System – This light lets you know about potential problems with your brakes, such as the brake fluid being too low or an ABS problem.
- Traction Control or ESP – If this light is on, don’t worry! It is simply telling you that the vehicle’s electronic stability system is being utilized.
VW Safety & Informative Warning Lights:
- Security Alert – If your ignition switch is locked or a door is left ajar, this light could pop on.
- Fog Lamp – This light is a reminder that your brights have been engaged.
- Airbag Fault – Normally, this light appears when you turn the car on to tell you that there’s a fault in the airbag system. If this is the case, you will need to bring your vehicle in for service to ensure your safety on the roads of Naperville.
- Washer Fluid Reminder – This simply means your washer fluid is low and needs to be replaced.
VW Tire Warning Lights:
- Tire Pressure Warning Light – The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) has detected that one or more of your tires has a tire pressure rating that’s too low or too high. To avoid future issues with your tires, be sure that the tire pressure is at the proper level. Over or underinflated tires wear down more quickly.
Learn More About VW Dash Light Meanings With The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside
If you still have questions about your Volkswagen dashboard lights, reach out to the team at The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside! We would be more than happy to diagnose your dashboard warning light(s) for you.
Recent News from The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside
If the Volkswagen Atlas SUV caught your eye in 2020, you’ll definitely want to take a good look at this year’s model. So what’s new for the 2021 VW Atlas? Upgrades to the Volkswagen Atlas interior for the new model year include a standard 8-inch touchscreen, updated seat stitching and steering wheel, and updated Car-Net…
Are you looking for a new Volkswagen Jetta for sale? If so, then get a preview of the 2020 Volkswagen Jetta’s interior with The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside! Whether you’re drawn to the cutting-edge onboard technology, the sleek style of the cabin, or the available Jetta accessories, there’s a new Jetta that’s bound to thrill any driver in the…
The Volkswagen Arteon is true to its Latin name. Arteon stems from the word Artem, meaning “art,” or in particular, its design process. For a small luxury car, it is known for its ample cargo space due to its liftback design. The liftback of the Arteon gives it a modern look with sleek angles…