Can I Buy a Volkswagen Bus?
If you’re in the Chicago area and you’ve been thinking about a Volkswagen electric bus, you’ll have to wait a little longer. However, the option of finding an original Volkswagen Bus from the hippie era is always on the table. If you are interested in an older model VW Bus, your best bet lies with a private dealer. At The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside, we have gotten some unique vehicles on trade before as additions to our used inventory, but the chances of someone trading a classic like a vintage Volkswagen Bus are slim to none.
What if you’re just looking to get behind the wheel of a vintage Volkswagen Bus for nostalgia’s sake without actually forking over the money for this classic vehicle? Well, you might be in luck – keep reading for ideas that can help you drive this classic Volkswagen without buying. We’ve also got the latest on the upcoming Volkswagen Electric Bus that could be on the horizon.
Renting a Used Volkswagen Bus
Certain organizations rent vintage Volkswagen buses as part of their lineup. It’s a much simpler way of enjoying the good old days and the excitement of the open road without dealing with an antique wholesaler. And, so that you know, you’ve got some options. Used Volkswagen Bus models include:
- Volkswagen Bus Tent
- Volkswagen Camper Van
- Volkswagen Hightop Camper Van
- Volkswagen Type 2 (T1) Microbus
- Volkswagen Type 2 (T2) “Bay Window” Bus
- Volkswagen Samba-Bus or Deluxe Microbus
- Volkswagen Westfalia Camping Van
Stumped on where to begin looking for a vintage Volkswagen Bus? Check Vinty – a new service that rents vehicles just like the classic Volkswagen Bus.
The New Volkswagen Electric Bus: Confirmed?
After a year or more of speculation and whispers among Volkswagen enthusiasts, the manufacturer officially announced the classic Volkswagen Microbus is slated for a return. The newest edition of the Volkswagen Bus is an all-electric model also known as the I.D. Buzz (part of the ID electric lineup), and this is what we know:
- The latest edition of the Microbus will leverage dual electric motors to manifest 369 horsepower and will offer all-wheel drive.
- Two batteries will deliver 48kWh for a 200-mile range, with a second 110 kWh battery yielding 340-mile capability.
- The new Volkswagen Electric Bus will come equipped with the VW fast-charge system, so in about a half-hour, it should hit the 80% full mark.
- Each of the seats will have the ability to spin 360 degrees and be removable (the front seats, too) to turn the new VW Microbus into the ultimate road-worthy travel option.
- Car and Driver reported the new Volkswagen Electric Bus will have an autonomous driving setting, which still remains to be seen.
The exterior of the 2022 VW Microbus is the perfect blend of the vintage Volkswagen Bus with sleek modern upgrades and is sure to excite any LaGrange VW Bus enthusiast. Look out for the release of this VW throwback sometime in late 2023 or early 2024.
Explore Our Current Volkswagen Lineup at The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside Today!
If you’re looking for transportation options in the meantime, don’t forget to browse our new vehicle lineup. Contact us for more information regarding the new VW Microbus, and we’ll give you the most updated information!
More from The Autobarn Volkswagen of Countryside
The polished look and relaxed seating in the new Volkswagen Jetta interior provide Chicago drivers with top-tier luxury and one of the most enjoyable drivers available. Regardless of whether you’re talking technology, entertainment, cosmetics, Volkswagen Jetta dimensions, or anything else about the interior of this classic, you’re getting top-of-the-line all the way around. If you’ve…
With rising gas prices around Countryside, many drivers are looking to find a vehicle that gets the most out of every drop of fuel. To get the space you need in an SUV, most Chicago drivers assume you have to give up on efficiency. The new Volkswagen Atlas, however, allows its owners to experience…
Are you eagerly anticipating the 2023Volkswagen ID.4? So, are we. The ID.4 has elevated the quality of affordable electric vehicles, which is why they’ve become so popular with Countryside drivers. We can’t wait to see the beautiful VW ID.4 interior. Not only does this car look great on the inside, but there’s plenty of room…